When you’re facing icy winds, dry central heating and a whole mix of weather forms, your lips can get a bit chapped and sometimes pretty sore.
Lip balm is something that many of us don’t leave the house without, so it makes sense that our lip balm choice is cruelty-free, don’t you think?
Here are some of the best cruelty-free lip balms in the UK, so you can get smooth smackers without worrying about harming any animals!
Best Cruelty-Free Lip Balms in the UK
1. Sky Organics Organic Tinted Lip Balm
Sky Organics Tinted Lip Balm comes in four fab colours, so you can choose the one that suits your mood the best. They actually come in a pack of four, so you get the whole set to try!
With tints including Luscious Shimmer, Pink Champagne, Plum and Raisin, you can treat your lips to four new sumptuous looks as well as some minty and moisturising care.
Made with 100% organic ingredients, these lip balms would make a great gift for someone. You could even split up the pack and give your besties the colour that suits them best!
Sky Organics’ packaging is completely recyclable and you won’t find any artificial chemicals in their natural, kind, non-GMO ingredients.
- 100% organic
- Great for day-wear and adds to a makeup look
- Fab gift idea
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Is described as Vegan, but contains beeswax
- Colour tints may not suit all
- Colour may not “fix” well on the lips
- Texture might not suit everyone
2. Badger Lip Balm
Here’s another set of 4 lip balms, this time from cruelty-free brand Badger.
This super set includes Highland Mint, Tangerine Breeze, Ginger & Lemon and a scent-free option for those who just want simple moisturising for their lips.
You can also get a different set with Tangerine Breeze, Vanilla Madagascar, Lavender & Orange and Pink Grapefruit if you prefer more fruity scents.
Either of these would make great gifts, which could be split up to use in hen party bags or as stocking fillers!
No artificial colours or flavours are used in the making of these lip balms and they are also completely petroleum-free so you can rest easy while you treat your lips to some moisturising love – aloe vera extract is perfect for soothing chapped lips in the winter months.
- 4-pack – great for gifting
- Can be used on cuticles or small dry patches of skin
- Natural organic ingredients
- Pleasant scents
- Smooth texture – easy to use
- A little on the pricey side
- Use beeswax so not suitable for vegans
- May not be long lasting, so may end up using up product faster
3. Hurraw Night Treatment Lip Balm
Certified cruelty-free brand Hurraw has created a night-time treatment for lips that need a bit of extra moisture.
‘Moon’ is actually said to be sleep-enhancing with Peru Balsam and Vanilla scent helping to “lull you to sleep”.
The extra thick and creamy formula is the perfect treatment for overnight moisturising so you wake up with silky-soft kissable smackers!
Blue chamomile tints the balm and helps soothe the skin while avocado oil brings some fab vitamins to the mix, also the addition of rosehip seed oil brings anti-ageing properties and it can help reverse some of the damage done by UV rays.
They also have a huge array of different scents for those who like to have a lip balm in every bag as well as on the bedside table.
- Anti-ageing properties
- Good creamy nighttime formula
- Chamomile helps to inspire sleep
- Long-lasting – a little goes a long way
- Quite expensive
- Texture may not suit all
- May not suit very dry/chapped lips
- Scent may not suit all
4. Epic Blend Vegan Wild Berry Lip Balm
If you’re looking to go vegan (or you already are) with all of your products, then look no further. Epic Blend’s Wild Berry lip balm is beeswax free, gluten free and, of course, cruelty free!
Compared to a “big bowl of freshly picked wild berries”, this lip balm will suit those who love fruity cosmetics, but it will also suit anyone who likes to have silky soft lips.
With organic cocoa butter, organic coconut oil and vitamin E, your lips will feel super moisturised, kissable and oh-so-smooth – not to mention smelling berry, berry yummy (sadly this isn’t a flavoured lip balm, but the smell is divine)!
- Pleasant berry scent
- Not tinted – suited to everyone
- Pretty good value for money
- Does not taste as it smells (it isn’t sold as a flavoured lip balm, however!)
- Plastic packaging
- Packaging design may be flawed – twisting mechanism goes up but not back down
- Consistency may not suit all
5. Benecos Natural Lip Balm
Benecos is another cruelty-free brand which is actually included on PeTA’s positive list and this natural lip balm also uses organic ingredients (certified by BDIH) – including organic olive oil, organic cocoa butter, vitamin E, shea butter and berry wax.
With plenty of goodies to keep your lips smooth, moisturised and chap-free, this lip balm would make a great addition to any pocket, handbag or bedside table!
This nourishing, vegan lip balm is available in Classic, Raspberry, Mint or Orange, so you can find a scent to suit your mood, style and personality – they would make perfect stocking fillers too.
Benecos’ lip balm would be the perfect alternative to lipgloss for a young kid who wants to start wearing “makeup”, as you get a nice glossy sheen from this nourishing balm – ideal for everyday wear!
- Pretty good value for money
- Organic natural ingredients
- Available in multiple scents
- Pleasant, soft consistency (not too greasy)
- May not suit all skin/lip types
- Comes with extra packaging which may be unnecessary
If you’re ready to be kind to your smackers as well as kind to the animals, then you’re sure to find something in our list that suits you.
If you always have multiple lip balms on the go (one for every bag/coat) then the Sky Organics multipack would be the perfect choice for you, but if you’re keen to keep it simple, then perhaps Benecos Classic lip balm would be the best option.
Cruelty-free doesn’t mean you can’t have super-kissable lips: there are plenty of kind, nourishing balms on offer!