For those who want a ‘no-makeup makeup’ look, tinted moisturiser is a holy grail product. A natural dewy finish, lightweight, hydrating, easy-to-use – sounds perfect, right?
However, things are not always so pretty. Many brands still hurt animals in the process of bringing you your favourite products.
It is super important when choosing the perfect makeup base to determine whether it is cruelty-free.
PETA defines that a product is cruelty-free when it has not been tested on animals, and offer a comprehensive database of brands that you can use without any guilt.
If you want to find out where to give yourself a beautiful glow without any animals harmed in the process, keep reading for the best cruelty-free tinted moisturisers around.
Best Cruelty-Free Tinted Moisturisers in the UK
1. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
A popular and reputable brand that makes completely chemical-free and cruelty-free makeup, bareMinerals can be relied on to bring high-quality and harm-free beauty products.
Their products are easily accessible globally, from online to the high-street, so there really are no excuses!
Their tinted moisturiser is a staple favourite that has won awards including the title of being number one in the US. It comes in sixteen shades, so there is something for many skin tones.
It is also super easy to use, just apply with your fingers or a brush for a more airbrushed finish.
This product has a bunch of good ingredients, including clean mineral pigments and energising mineral electrolytes so you also know it will be kind to your skin.
You can also be confident that your skin will be hydrated throughout the day as it contains marine botanicals and coconut-derived ingredients that nourish, replenish and keep you baby-faced.
- Contains broad spectrum SPF 30 that is completely mineral-based and chemical-free
- Hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin
- Buildable coverage from light to medium coverage
- It is on the pricier side, but it is a high-end product
- Although it is oil-free, it may slide around on oilier skin types but a cruelty-free powder by the brand can help set it in place
- May need reapplication and can get shiny throughout the day
2. 100% Pure Tinted Moisturiser +SPF 20
This US-based brand aims to provide the purest and healthiest products that are friendly to animals and environmentally conscious.
All their cosmetics are dyed with fruits, plants and tea pigments so you can rest assured there are no nasty chemical colourants in your makeup.
These ingredients are key for nourishing your skin and preventing damage. An added bonus is that it includes natural SPF.
100% Pure have a wide range of products from lipstick to mascara, so you can complete your natural makeup look.
Their tinted moisturiser comes in nine different shades, not the hugest offering, but the light coverage can be blended out to suit many skin tones. It is also made of incredibly nourishing ingredients including acai oil, white tea and pomegranate oil.
They recommend applying this product with either a makeup sponge, brush or simply your fingertips.
- Gives a soft, dewy look
- Antioxidant properties of the ingredients protect your skin from environmental stress e.g. pollution and smog
- SPF ensures skin protection
- Some people find the product has a strong peach undertone
- The product has a slight fragrance and may not suit very sensitive skin
3. Beauty Without Cruelty Tinted Moisturiser
The brand name speaks for itself – no animals hurt in the process and no guilt.
Beauty Without Cruelty is based in Suffolk, UK and is committed to producing 100% vegan, natural and chemical free makeup products.
The brand is a certified member of the Vegan Society and Cruelty Free International. Their tinted moisturiser aims to give you hydrated skin throughout the day whilst providing a natural and dewy finish.
The brand recommends a brush for a more flawless coverage, but it can be easily applied in any way you like.
Its light texture and sheer coverage also mean you can use it all over your body too for a healthy glow – why not spread some on your legs for flawless pins?
This product contains plant extracts and natural vitamin E for coverage with natural nourishment at the same time.
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free so it is suitable for sensitive skin
- Contains natural sunscreen
- Has a matte finish to minimise shine. A great option for oily skin types
- Only comes in two shades and may be difficult to match your skin tone
- Some find the product has a slight orange undertone
4. Green People Age Defy + Tinted DD Moisturiser SPF 15
This UK-based brand is a forerunner in providing natural beauty products that are great for sensitive skin. They have a huge range in their product repertoire, and have won multiple awards for their high-quality conscious products.
Their tinted moisturizer is no exception. In fact, it is the UK’s first certified DD cream!
For those who do not know, a DD cream is a daily defence SPF15 so there are loads of skin benefits plus some coverage. Amazing!
This product even won the natural health beauty awards in 2017.
Its star ingredient is sea fennel stem cells which ensures anti-aging and infuses instant moisture nourished and soft skin.
Other key amazing natural and cruelty-free ingredients include shea butter, sweet almond and jojoba. To use, they recommend massaging it into your skin with your fingers.
- Natural earth pigments adapt to compliment your skin tone
- Suitable for sensitive skin, and those with eczema and psoriasis
- SPF protection against UVA and UVB rays
- May not be suitable for oily skin and can look shiny. Setting powder helps!
- Is a relatively expensive product
- Only comes in a few shades
So, there you have it. Four amazing tinted moisturisers on the market for that natural and glowy look whilst being cruelty-free.
There are currently not many vegan tinted moisturisers on the market but what we do have a great options and alternatives for that perfect base.
If we had to pick just one to recommend it would be bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream because it’s one of the most popular and highly regarded cruelty-free tinted moisturisers on the market.
Let us know if you use any others, or if you tried any products mentioned and how they go for you!